There are many GREAT REASONS to join the St. Laurence family
…our current families joined together to come up with our top six…The St. Laurence Six!
Affordable, High Quality Education
- Low, Student:Teacher Ratios
- Individual Intervention Plans designed with Principal
- Cost Effective Tuition Plan
- High School Graduation rate is high
Here is the WHY – Our students receive a truly individualized and differentiated education at a very reasonable tuition. Our class sizes are small and our classroom teachers work with the principal to create an individual intervention plan.
- Advanced Math
- Superkids reading program PreK-2nd
- STEM activities
- Early childhood(Pre K-K) is education-based and aligned to upper level curriculum
- Gifted Enrichment program (3-8)
Here is the WHY – The focus at St. Laurence in all subject areas is a cohesive, seamless transition from year to year that offers students the ability to build upon their learning at a much faster rate. All students are challenged at their level of ability.
Christian Morals and Values
- All school weekly Mass
- Religious education
- Service opportunities
- Anti-Bullying Program
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Support
Here is the WHY – Students at St. Laurence are given multiple opportunities to develop strong morals and values through living out their faith and growing to be empathetic and caring members of society.
Involved, Diverse Community
- Active Parent/Teacher Club, education Commission, Marketing Committee, and Book Club
- Supportive Parish
- Community Outreach
- Engaged Parents
Here is the WHY – The St. Laurence family is truly that…a family that partners to create the best for each student every day.
Opportunities Beyond the Classroom
- Interact Club through the Elgin Rotary
- Outdoor Education
- Field Trips
- Speech/Debate Team
- Summer Learning/Tutoring
Here is the WHY – The lessons that are learned outside the classroom are equally as important as those that are learned within the classroom. With that in mind, many opportunities are available to our students beyond the classroom.
Rich History and Tradition
- Established Faculty (average is 19 years)
- Multi-generational families
- Established in 1929
Here is the WHY- Nothing quite shows that a school is great like people wanting to stay or come back. Our teachers stay and our alumni bring their children to St. Laurence…some of our families span three generations.