Mrs. Norine Huber-2nd Grade
Here are a few bits of information about her:
- Where were you raised? Northwest side of Chicago
- How many brothers/sisters do you have? I have 1 brother & 4 sisters.
- What is your current family situation? I am married to my husband Don we have one daughter whom is a graduate of St Laurence. We also have 2 grandkids one girl & one boy.
- Why did you become a teacher? I was inspired by my fifth-grade teacher. She was a good teacher, touched her students in a personal way and seemed to like what she was doing.
- What is your favorite thing about being part of a Catholic School? I can always use love to help the children understand why they should act at certain times. Also, in troubled times we can pray for each other or others. It can be a great comfort.
- What is your favorite subject to teach or learn about? I like to teach Math best.
- Do you have any hobbies? I enjoy reading & like Chicago sport teams.
Now for the rapid-fire questions:
- Cubs or Sox – Cubs but I like Sox too.
- Coffee or Tea – Tea
- Pepsi or Coke – Diet Pepsi
- Right-handed or left-handed – right
- Dream vehicle – small blazer
- Dream vacation – Alaska or Hawaii
- Dream job – Teaching
- Currently reading – “Year One”
- Favorite movie – Sandlot
- Favorite cuisine – Steak
- Favorite color – Blue
- Best job – teaching at St Laurence
- Worst job – piece worker in a factory
- Favorite quote – “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.